Monday 31 March 2014

Blog 4! Cluster Sets!


Hi Guys,

Hope you are all well, I tried a new workout at the gym this week and it has to be the most painful workout I have done in a long time.

I worked on my Biceps by using Cluster Sets. If you don't know what these are, don't worry neither did I. Basically, you do low reps and do pause holds during your sets. For example pick a weight you can do 15-20 reps with, complete 5 reps and then hold the weights static at 90 degrees so its still using your biceps, after five seconds, do another 5 reps and repeat until you have completed 15 reps. That's a set, and I can assure you it's agony.

This workout focuses on the same principal throughout with 3 different exercises. By the end you will feel pumped and it's a great workout if you don't have a lot of time, as your muscles will tire out extremely quickly. Below is the video for this workout so check it out and feel the pain. It's a brilliant workout and your biceps will ache for days, highlighting the importance of Protein for muscle recovery.

So give it ago and as always enjoy!

Cheers guys

Alex :D

CLICK ME: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDTgL2VSeWA 

No comments:

Post a Comment