Saturday 3 January 2015

Blog 14! New year, busy Gym!



Hi guys,

Hope you all had a great christmas and new year. Finally the time of year has passed when you feel guilty eating your christmas dinner and chocolates as you see all your hard work from the past few months slowly slip away.

I did fairly well myself, sticking to my diet and gym sessions for most of christmas with the exception of about two days. I did debate having a moan during the christmas period on this blog about how gym's are shut during the christmas period a fair bit getting in the way of routine, however, I soon realised that it was a bit sad that I actually debated going to the gym on Christmas day until I realised it was closed.

So to a new year and for many of us some new years resolutions. Of course the gym is heaving with people on a new year health kick which is causing my workouts to be longer as I wait for machines which is annoying for myself and regular gym goers alike. Word of advice: Stick with it because by Feb 90% of people who joined a gym in January will have left.

This new year I have decided to give a new years resolution a miss and keep going how I am at the gym and look for some new routines in order to push myself to the limit. I think the main thing is to keep focus during the difficult January period of busy gyms, grim weather and the urge for comfort food. Once January is over you can push on and reach new goals. I am looking forward to the build up to summer where I can cut and get ready to hit the beach.

I am interested to know what your new year goals are at the gym and what you make of the January exercise rush. Let me know at @alexblakemore1 on twitter and get involved.

For now keep pushing yourself and have fun.

Cheers Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment